There's so much to do at your library!
While each Suffolk County library has a wide range of programs to offer specifically to their patrons, some events are celebrated county-wide:
- Suffolk Summer Tour (new for 2023!) - With your free Suffolk Summer Tour booklet, you’ll visit public libraries all around Suffolk County any time from July 1st through August 31st. While you visit, you can get your booklet stamped, see new sights, learn fun facts, and be entered into some fun raffles! Raffle prizes include Barnes & Noble Gift Cards and a grand prize of a Nook eReader.
- The Great Give Back - a day of opportunities for the patrons of the Public Libraries of New York State to participate in meaningful, service-oriented experiences.
- Authors Unlimited - a day to celebrate reading and authors, with special guests, panels, meet-and-greets, and signings.
- LI Reads - an Island-wide reading initiative intended to bring together readers from across Nassau and Suffolk Counties to discuss a book and participate in library-sponsored activities and events associated with it.
Many Suffolk County Libraries also participate in nation-wide library events:
- Summer Reading Program - with programs for all ages, your library is here to help you read all summer long.
- Library Card Sign-Up Month - a time when the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries nationwide join together to remind parents, caregivers and students that signing up for a library card is the first step towards academic achievement and lifelong learning.
- Banned Books Week - Banned Books Week is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read.
- Take Your Child to the Library Day - a celebration promoting how your local library is an ideal place for children to play, discover, make friends, and have fun.
To learn more about these and other great events, visit your local library today!